Your Privacy Is Important
In the course of serving our clients, Ballard Built may obtain personal information about such clients. Obtaining this information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, but we also recognize that you expect us to treat this information appropriately.
This policy describes the types of personal information we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information, and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy. As used throughout this policy, the term “Ballard Built” refers to Ballard Built Construction Company and Balco Holdings, LLC (dba Balco Management) and its subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, partners, officers, employees, directors, managers, and employees.
The Sources of Information
The personal information we collect about you comes primarily from the account applications or other forms and materials you submit to Ballard Built during the course of your relationship with us. We may also collect information about your transactions and experiences with Ballard Built relating to the services Ballard Built provides. In addition, depending on the services you require, Ballard Built may obtain additional information about you, such as your credit history, from consumer reporting agencies.
Finally, in the provision of financial services to you and subject to strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, information may be collected about you indirectly from monitoring or other means (e.g. e-mail monitoring). In these circumstances, the information is not accessed on a continuous or routine basis, but it may be used for compliance or security purposes.
The Information We Collect
If you deal with Ballard Built in your individual capacity (e.g. as a private client), or as a settlor/trustee/beneficiary of a trust, or as an owner or principal of a company or other investment vehicle established to invest on your behalf or on behalf of your family, etc., the typical information we collect about you may include (in addition to any other information as may be determined on a case-by-case basis):
- Your full name, phone number, email address, organization, and other contact details;
- Extensive financial information, including the source of wealth, investment experience and objectives, risk tolerance and, in certain jurisdictions, representations required under applicable law or regulation concerning your financial resources; and
- A personal identifier such as depending on your country of residence, your Social Security Number, National Insurance Number, Tax File Number, etc.
Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in our being unable to open or maintain your account or to provide services to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about our clients is accurate, complete, and up to date, we rely on our clients promptly notifying us if there are any changes to their personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer, operate, facilitate and manage your relationship and/or account with Ballard Built. This may include sharing such information internally as well as disclosing it to third parties, as described in the following two sections, respectively;
- Contact you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, electronic mail, facsimile, etc., in connection with your relationship and/or account;
- Provide you with information (such as investment research), recommendations, or advice concerning products and services offered by Ballard Built; and
- Facilitate our internal business operations, including assessing and managing risk and fulfilling our legal and regulatory requirements.
If your relationship with Ballard Built ends, Ballard built will continue to treat your personal information, to the extent we retain it, as described in this policy.
Disclosures of Your Personal Information
In order to provide efficient and reliable services and to improve product and service options available to you, more than one entity within Ballard Built may be given, or given access to, your personal information. For example, one Ballard Built entity might share your information with another in order to facilitate settlement of your transactions or the maintenance of your accounts, or as part of its arranging for the performance of specialized services such as the US and international brokerage, asset management, and advisory services. When sharing your personal information, we adhere to applicable legal and industry standards regarding the protection of personal information. Additional information on how your personal information is protected while within Ballard built is provided below, under Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy.
Disclosures of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
Ballard Built does not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this policy. Third-party disclosures may include sharing such information with investment partners (e.g. deal sponsors), other financial institutions (e.g. lenders requiring such information pursuant to regulatory requirements), and/or non affiliated companies that perform support services for your account or facilitate your transactions with Ballard Built, including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to Ballard Built. Each such third party is required to maintain the confidentiality of such information to the extent received and to use your personal information only in the course of providing the services, and only for the purposes, dictated by Ballard Built.
We may also disclose your personal information to fulfill your instructions, to protect our rights and interests and those of our business partners, or pursuant to your express consent. Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations; for instance, when responding to a subpoena or similar legal process, to protect against fraud and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or with organizations such as exchanges and clearinghouses.
You should know that Ballard Built will not sell your personal information.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
Ballard Built is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized Ballard Built employees or agents and, as described above in Disclosures of Your Personal Information to Third Parties, third parties are held to stringent standards of privacy. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
Privacy and the Internet
The following additional information will be of interest to you as a visitor to this site:
- Users of BallardBuilt.com are required to identify and authenticate themselves prior to accessing our services. Generally, identification and authentication take place through the use of your user name and a password.
- BallardBuilt.com is built upon a secure infrastructure with multiple layers of protection. Ballard Built uses industry-standard encryption technologies to protect your information from external compromise.
- Security is a cooperative effort between Ballard Built and the users of ballardhomes1.wpengine.com. Please remember that your login and password are personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. Also, you should discontinue their use and notify us if you have any reason to suspect that someone else may be using them.
- We may collect certain aggregate and non-personal information when you visit ballardhomes1.wpengine.com. We may collect this information through “cookie” technology. Cookies are bits of text that can be placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain websites. Cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular website. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Remember, though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the ballrdbuilt.com features.
- “Clickstream” data (e.g., information regarding which of our Web pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences) may be collected by Ballard Built itself, or by our service providers, using cookies, page tags, or similar tools that are set when you visit our Web site or when you view an advertisement we have placed on another Web site.
- Ballard Built may make available on this Web site third-party applications such as content linking or sharing facilities. Information collected by providers of such applications is governed by their privacy policies.
- Our Websites are not currently configured to respond to “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms.
Other Privacy Policies or Statements Changes to Policy
This policy provides a general statement of the ways in which Ballard Built protects your personal information. You may, however, in connection with specific products or services offered by Ballard Built, be provided with privacy policies or statements that supplement this policy. This policy may be changed from time to time to reflect changes in our practices concerning the collection and use of personal information. The revised policy will be effective immediately upon posting to our Website. This version of the Policy is effective December 13, 2021.
Statement on Cookies
- To improve site security by “authenticating” you (i.e., verify that you are who you say you are) when you sign in to our site.
- To keep track of your specified preferences such as language, time zone, and timeouts after periods of inactivity.
- To allow you to navigate our sites more easily by “remembering” your identity so that you do not have to input your password multiple times as you move between pages or services.
- To conduct research and analytics to improve our Website and our products and services. This includes compiling statistical information concerning, among other things, the frequency of your use of our Website, the pages visited, and the length of each visit.
- To display Ballard Built advertisements when you visit websites of third parties with whom we have marketing relationships and to help us gauge the effectiveness of our advertising efforts. These parties may gather information concerning your use of other websites and provide us with de-identified information about you (such as demographic information or the names of sites where you have been shown ads) which we may use to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising.